Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tomorrow (Well, Today, Actually...)!!!

The day is finally here!! My car is mostly packed, and I'm leaving for Disney tomorrow (well, technically today)!!! Ahhhh! I can't even contain my excitement! Although I would much rather skip the 16+ hour drive and just be in Florida, I guess I'll have to deal with it. We're leaving at 7am this morning (eek!) and will be stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night (10 hours). We'll finish off the drive (6 hours) to Florida on Monday morning. My dad and I will be taking turns driving so it hopefully won't be too awful.

I've been relatively busy getting ready for today. However, I've mostly been procrastinating haha. I've been reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows so I can catch up on everything before the final movie comes out in July. It's still just as great a book as it was when I read it the first time. I couldn't put it down, and my packing had to wait until I finished it. Besides that, I finished up some last-minute shopping, got my oil changed, filled my gas tank, deposited money into my checking, and finally successfully installed my new car cd player/radio (well, my dad did). Unfortunately, the radio has limited reception because the tuner is bad (only one of the many problems my dad and I encountered while installing it), but at least the cd player and iPod connector work, so this drive will be tolerable.

It took us several hours to pack everything in space bags, plastic bins, and boxes, and then cram it into my car. Thank goodness for the car carrier (we had to MacGyver a contraption to keep it on the roof because we ordered the wrong straps), because there's no way all of my stuff plus my parents' suitcase would have fit.

My little car is ready to go! Let's just hope she makes it all the way to FL without trouble!

Alright, well I should go get some sleep before the long drive. I'll be in Florida by Monday evening and my first day of training in Animal Kingdom is Thursday! This is still very surreal, and I don't think it will hit me until I walk through the turnstiles of The Happiest Place On Earth.


Oh, one more thing. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! I'm sure my dad is really excited about spending the whole day driving. :-)

"The invariable mark of a dream is to see it come true."--Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment